Friday, March 5, 2010

Turkey

I think we're going to raise some turkeys this year.

We won't be offering them on a grand scale.  I haven't raised turkeys before.  I understand that they are very good at dying.  That said, I won't be actively selling very many this year.  Still, I 'm excited about it.  It's a new challenge.  I like challenges.

It's been interesting researching Turkeys.  There is so little information available as compared to chickens.  In researching chickens I was able to find blogs, white-papers, you tube videos, books, etc.  Not so with turkeys.  I've found some key information, but I really had to dig.

This got my wife to thinking.  That's always a good thing but often leads to more work for me.  This time was no exception.  She thinks I ought to become the local turkey expert.  Now, although that's work, the truth it I better become that in any case if I'm going to raise them.  So you may be seeing some you tube videos out there as we document our Turkey Adventure.

Hmmm...I think I need a better name.

Well, until then, keep watching.  Who knows?  Maybe next year we can offer pastured turkeys for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. We could do a take on The Blind leading the Blind and name it The Turkeys raising the Turkeys ;)

    ReplyDelete