Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's a bird! It's a plane!

Some people wonder how does one raise chickens (and turkeys) and still work a full time job?  Who is your role model?

That's easy...

Clark Kent.

That's right.  While I certainly am not Superman, I do sometimes feel like Clark Kent.  I get up early in the morning to drive out to the farm.  I wear something comfortable and potentially mosquito resistant depending on the season.  It's not exactly a horribly messy job to feed and water the chickens, but it is dirty and dusty.  You'd be surprised how much dander the chicks shed.

So, done with the morning tasks, I drive into work.  I enter quickly (because I'm usually running slightly behind schedule), drop my gear at my seat, and then head for the bathroom.  There I change in khaki's and a polo thus rendering myself compliant with the dress code policy.  I stash my filthy gear into a gym bag and emerge prepared for my day job.

At the end of the day, depending on what needs to be done, I may change back before I leave and head off to the farm.

So it's not exactly like Clark Kent emerging as Superman.  It's more like Clark Kent emerging as....Clark Kent...in overalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment