Sunday, August 8, 2010

Healthy Mountains

We ordered (and received) our fourth and final batch of chicks from a different hatchery.  Townline has been very good to us, but they ran out of chicks available for the time frame I was hoping for.  Fortunately, we'd done some  homework and new that another hatchery, Mt. Healthy Hatchery in Mt. Healthy, OH was just what we were looking for.  As I said, Townline has done very well for us and I like working with a Michigan based company, but it's never good to have just one supplier of anything.  So when I heard that Townline was going to have to delay the order, I called up Mt. Healthy.  There's no time like the present to give them a try!

The breed we're buying is slightly different, but I doubt any of us will be able to tell.  It's the standard meat bird.  It's good to try something new.  If they work out well, I'm sure we'll have need to use them again. So we'll trust that the healthy mountains produce healthy chicks and keep growing them as God blesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment